HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
Household hazardous waste (HHW) products should never be poured out on the ground, down the drain, or thrown out with regular household garbage. Improper disposal can cause injury from contact or contaminate groundwater and drinking water. The City of Georgetown offers a voucher program for the safe and proper disposal of Household Hazardous Waste materials. These materials cannot be from a commercial business nor a small personal home business. Only residential materials can be accepted through our voucher program.
The vouchers allow City of Georgetown residents who have Texas Disposal Systems solid waste service with active accounts to dispose of household hazards at the Williamson County Recycle Center at 495 CR 156, which is northeast of Georgetown on FM 971. These materials cannot be from a personal home business nor from a commercial account.
- Vouchers will cover 100 percent disposal costs for in-City customers and 50 percent of disposal costs for out-of-City Texas Disposal Systems solid waste customers.
- One voucher per household may be requested every three months.
- Once received, the voucher is redeemable for 14 days.
- You may pick up a voucher in-person at the Utility Billing office located in the Georgetown Municipal Complex at 300-1 Industrial Ave, or at the Collection Station located at 250 W.L. Walden Dr.
- Please bring a recent City of Georgetown utility bill and/or a photo ID.
- Vouchers must be presented at the Williamson County Recycle Center when disposing of products.
Please call (512) 864-3240 before taking your HHW to inquire about any weather related closures. Heat, cold and storms can prevent the acceptance of HHW, so please call first to ensure they are accepting HHW that day. Thank you.